Cinderella: From Fabletown With Love (Issue 1)
Nov 09, 2009 Web Exclusive
In the world of Fables, Cinderella is secretly a high-action, kick-ass spy in the service of Fabletown's community of storybook outcasts. This book, written by Chris Roberson and illustrated by Shawn McManus, vaults Cindy into an adventure that's part James Bond, part The Devil Wears Prada, and all Fables.
The book, while not written by Fables creator Bill Willingham, certainly lives up to the quality he's established in the main title and, with Matt Sturges, in Jack of Fables. Character interactions are amusing and the series' mythology is respected and expanded. The art is good; more than serviceable, very good storytelling—although I prefer the art on the two ongoing series. But the cover art, by Chrissie Zullo, is especially enchanting, and cutely captures the essence of the fashion-plate, stroke-of-midnight centric secret agent. (www.dccomics.com/vertigo)
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 8/10
- CHVRCHES Working on Third Album with Dave Stewart of Eurythmics (News) — CHVRCHES, Dave Stewart, Eurythmics
- Detective Comics Vol. 1: Rise of the Batmen (Review) — DC Comics
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “This Is the World of the Theater” (News) — Neko Case, The New Pornographers
- Watch Los Campesinos! As Daytime TV Contestants in “5 Flucloxacillin” Video (News) — Los Campesinos!
- Listen: Robyn Hitchcock - “Mad Shelley’s Letterbox” (News) — Robyn Hitchcock