Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim (Android)
Aug 12, 2011
#37 – St. Vincent
The purest measure of any game on a phone or tablet is addictiveness, and Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim ends up somewhere right around crack. A faithful port of the classic PC game, Majesty asks players to build a kingdom, so it’s something of a sim game, but it’s also something of an RPG, though the player isn’t in control of the heroes. Half the fun of Majesty is learning the personalities and tendencies of the various heroes and races, and trying to predict their behavior. As the controller of the kingdom, the player builds castles and marketplaces, levies taxes, and pays more heroes.
The only drawback to all of the fun is that the game is relatively short, and once one gets the hang of it, it’s not all that difficult to blow through the missions, especially given how difficult the game is to put down.
On a phone, Majesty is certainly playable, but on a tablet, it truly excels. Unlike many, many Android games, Majesty isn’t terribly buggy, and runs without issue on both devices. (www.herocraft.com/en/games/majesty)
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 8/10
- Watch: The Horrors – “So Now You Know” Video (News) — The Horrors
- Watch: Lykke Li Performs “Gunshot” Acoustic (News) — Lykke Li
- Listen: Cut Copy – “Like Any Other Day” (News) — Cut Copy
- Watch: Savages – “Fuckers/Dream Baby Dream” Single Trailer (News) — Savages
- Watch: Dum Dum Girls – “I Got Nothing (Live at SXSW)” Video (News) — Dum Dum Girls