Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong
Jul 26, 2013 Issue #45 - Winter 2013 - Phoenix
Nothing Can Possibly Go Wrong is a nifty story, written by Prudence Shen and illustrated by Faith Erin Hicks, that largely concerns a couple groups of high school rivals teaming up to compete in a robot arena battle competition in an effort to raise money for various school programs.
Charlie, a basketball jock who boasts more complexity than his classmates may give him credit for, is the chief protagonist among a fairly diverse cast of characters, including science nerds, cheerleaders, and Charlie's parents: his work-absent dad and his out-of-state mom.
While Hicks' art-clean, cute cartooning-is the star of the book, the story is fine all-ages fare as well; it should be approachable and enjoyable for anyone who enjoys high school/family stories that are light on the drama, if poignant in places, and heavy on the amusing interactions of the characters. (www.firstsecondbooks.com)
Author rating: 7.5/10
Average reader rating: 7/10
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey