Star Trek/Planet of the Apes
Sep 16, 2015 Issue #54 - August/September 2015 - CHVRCHES
The crew of the USS Enterprise are chased into a parallel dimension, where they find a version of Earth devastated by nuclear war. Evolution, it seems, has altered significantly from the history Kirk and his crew are familiar with, and the bipedal primates roaming the planet are not the human beings they expected to find, but walking, talking, great apes.
Brothers Scott and David Tipton have long proven they know how to write Star Trek, and this new crossover indulges in a whole new level of camp when the Enterprise crew find themselves standing aghast in front of a sunken Statue of Liberty, mirroring the famous twist ending of the original Planet of the Apes film. Remarkably, the setting turns into a fairly standard Star Trek story, and Rachael Stott's art is stunningly crisp and elegantly sci-fi. It is a decent homage to both franchises, but unlikely to make much of a splash outside the retro fanbase. (www.idwpublishing.com)
Author rating: 6.5/10
Average reader rating: 5/10
- Kevin Morby Announces New Album, Shares Lyric Video for New Song “Come to Me Now” (News) —
- Black Lips Announce New Album Produced by Sean Lennon, Share “Can’t Hold On” (News) — Black Lips
- Saint Etienne Announce New Album, Share “Heather” (News) — Saint Etienne
- Thurston Moore Announces New Album, Shares Video for “Smoke of Dreams” (News) — Sonic Youth, Thurston Moore
- !!! Announce New Album and Tour Dates, Share “The One 2” Video (News) — !!!