Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
PC/PS3/Xbox 360 (Capcom)
Aug 05, 2011 #37 – St. Vincent
If you already own Super Street Fighter IV, save your money because the addition of four characters and some more replay ability is not worth downloading. If you're considering purchasing Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition as a stand alone, save your money. The recent nostalgia for the fighting games of yesteryear is a puzzling trend. It's similar to the Hollywood trend in the mid '90s of recycling old television shows into films: the world has moved on for a reason. No good can come of this kind of looking back.
This version of Street Fighter remains faithful to the previous versions, but it's without the life of any kind of newness. The controls are the same, and feel simplistic on the one hand and overly memorized on the other, and the graphics are better but limited by the game itself. Street Fighter is like a high school reunion: fun to see what the old gang is up to, but a couple of hours is more than enough. (www.streetfighter.com)
Author rating: 4/10
Average reader rating: 5/10
- How to Dress Well Announces New Album and Tour, Shares Video for “Lost Youth / Lost You” (News) — How to Dress Well
- Watch: Ryley Walker - “The Roundabout” Video (News) — Ryley Walker
- The Radio Dept. Announce New Album (News) — The Radio Dept.
- Becoming Wise: An Inquiry into the Mystery and Art of Living (Review) —
- Watch: Flock of Dimes (Wye Oak’s Jenn Wasner) - “Semaphore” Video (News) — Flock of Dimes