Tank Girl: Bad Wind Rising
Writer: Alan Martin; Artist: Rufus Dayglo
Feb 07, 2012 Web Exclusive
Tank Girl: Bad Wind Rising is a naughty bit of chaos. The dirty words and wordplay and suggestive, frenzied, and loony-yet-detailed art are kind of nasty in a beautiful way. And funny. I mean, the jokes are so rapid-fire that the plot, characterizations, and even the sci-fi setting take a backseat to finding the next visual nugget.
But amid the chaos is ultimately some direction and is pretty easy to follow, even for newcomers to the Tank Girl character. A split-up between Tank Girl and her boyfriend, mutant killer kangaroo Booga, is just the iceberg's tip of a weirdly expanding plot, rife with super-science and over-the-top comical violence.
Not the kind of work that you'll find yourself thinking about much after the fact, but a funny, enjoyable oddly sexy read while it's in front of you (titanmagazines.com/graphic-comics).
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 6/10
- CHVRCHES’ Lauren Mayberry Continues to Confront Online Misogyny With Instagram Post (News) — CHVRCHES
- This Week In Geek: Possible Candidates to Play Spider-Man + “Daredevil,” “Jurassic World” (News) —
- Watch: Hans-Peter Lindstrǿm and Grace Hall - “Home Tonight” Video (News) — Hans-Peter Lindstrom, Grace Hall, Emil Nikolaisen, Todd Rundgren
- The Black Keys’ Dan Auerbach Forms New Solo Project Called The Arcs (News) — Dan Auerbach, The Black Keys, The Arcs
- The End: Hamilton Leithauser on Endings and Death (Interview) — Hamilton Leithauser, The Walkmen