Tank Girl: Bad Wind Rising
Writer: Alan Martin; Artist: Rufus Dayglo
Feb 07, 2012 Web Exclusive
Tank Girl: Bad Wind Rising is a naughty bit of chaos. The dirty words and wordplay and suggestive, frenzied, and loony-yet-detailed art are kind of nasty in a beautiful way. And funny. I mean, the jokes are so rapid-fire that the plot, characterizations, and even the sci-fi setting take a backseat to finding the next visual nugget.
But amid the chaos is ultimately some direction and is pretty easy to follow, even for newcomers to the Tank Girl character. A split-up between Tank Girl and her boyfriend, mutant killer kangaroo Booga, is just the iceberg's tip of a weirdly expanding plot, rife with super-science and over-the-top comical violence.
Not the kind of work that you'll find yourself thinking about much after the fact, but a funny, enjoyable oddly sexy read while it's in front of you (titanmagazines.com/graphic-comics).
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 6/10
- R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy (News) — Leonard Nimoy
- Watch: Dutch Uncles - “Decided Knowledge” Video (News) — Dutch Uncles
- This Week in Geek: Blade Runner 2, Alien 5, and Arrow/Flash Spin-Off (News) — DC Comics
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist, With Built to Spill, Death Cab for Cutie & Will Butler (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Premiere: Broken Twin – “Glimpse of Time (Live)” Video (News) — Broken Twin