The Temple of I & I
Feb 13, 2017 Web Exclusive
Find It At: AMAZON
Thievery Corporation, the Washington DC-based duo of Rob Garza and Eric Hilton, has thrived for 20 years so you should already be familiar with their exquisite dub-inspired, downbeat, electronica.
The Temple of I & I sees them not only going back to the source of their inspiration, imbuing their trip hop sound with old-school Jamaican rhythms, but also moving it forward with the inclusion of some MC and rap vocals.
On paper it sounds like an odd combination, but coming through the speakers it sounds spectacular. The trippy beats, swirling echoes, and reverb-heavy grooves we expect and love are spiced up with enough cultural stylings to keep it fresh and topical and as imaginative as the ultra-cool cover art. (www.thieverycorporation.com)
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 9/10
- Ride Share First New Song in 21 Years - “Charm Assault” (News) — Ride
- Listen – Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy: “Treasure Map” (News) — Bonnie “Prince” Billy
- Amanda Palmer Announces New Album and Tour with The Legendary Pink Dots’ Edward Ka-Spel (News) — Amanda Palmer, Amanda Palmer & Edward Ka-Spel, The Legendary Pink Dots, Edward Ka-Spel
- Watch: Band of Horses - “In a Drawer” (Feat. J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr.) Video (News) — Band of Horses, Dinosaur Jr., J Mascis
- Dirty Projectors Release New Album Three Days Early, Stream It Now (News) — Dirty Projectors