Doves’ Jimi Goodwin Announces Solo Album
Due Out March 24
Doves frontman Jimi Goodwin has announced the upcoming release of his debut solo album, Odludek. The new full-length record is due out March 24 on Heavenly Recordings, and will be Goodwin's first collection of new music since Doves' 2009 album Kingdom of Rust.
"I wanted to make this mad mixtape," says Goodwin in a press release. The kind you'd pass back and forth with your mates; eclectic as fuck. That's the way we've all discovered music over the years isn't it? We join our own dots to make it all make sense. As I got into making the record, it felt like I was proving something to myself, making a point that I could do all this on my own. You know - I can play bass, I can play guitar, I can orchestrate. As the methods changed, the original concept stayed intact. It's me, powering through ideas, kapow kapow, no pause for breath. It's not trying to be wilfully eclectic; it's just a reflection of how I schizophrenically devour music."
Click below to listen to the album's included track "Oh! Whiskey," and check out the full tracklist below.
Live Like A River
Man v Dingo
Keep My Soul In Song
The Ghost Of The Empties
Lonely At The Drop
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey