Guided By Voices Announces Yet Another Album For 2012
Bears for Lunch Would Be Third Release This Year
Guided by Voices has already been super busy in the studio this year. Their next record, Class Clown Spots a UFO has had its release date pushed back to June 12 due to the success of their previous record, Let's Go Eat the Factory, which was released in January. According to Exclaim, the band will release a third album this year.
Not much info has been released yet, but we do know that it will be titled Bears for Lunch. But before that, they have two 7-inches scheduled for release leading up to Class Clown Spots a UFO. The first features the album track, "Jon the Croc," and will be available on Record Store Day, April 21. Then there will be one more vinyl single released on May 15 before the albums official release a month later.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf