Listen: Porcelain Raft - “Big Sur”
Microclimate Due Out February 3 via Volcanic Field
Italian-born but Los Angeles-based musician Porcelain Raft (aka Mauro Remiddi) is releasing his third full-length album, Microclimate, on February 3 via his own label, Volcanic Field. Previously we were treated to the album's first single, "Distant Shore." Now here's another dreamy song from the album, "Big Sur." Check it out below.
Remiddi recorded Microclimate in his studio in East LA's Highland Park neighborhood. Chris Coady (Future Islands, Beach House), Remiddi's longtime collaborator, mixed the album at the Sunset Sounds Studios. There will be a special limited edition run of 250 colored vinyl. A press release describes Microclimate "his biggest sounding and most expansive collection of songs to date."
- Listen – Tim Darcy: “Joan, Pt. 1,2” (News) — Tim Darcy
- Watch First Trailer for “Song to Song,” Terrence Malick’s Austin-Set Music Industry Drama (News) — Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Terrence Malick, Natalie Portman, Michael Fassbender
- Jens Lekman (Interview) — Jens Lekman
- Watch: Laura Marling - “Next Time” Video (News) — Laura Marling
- Listen: Karen Elson - “Call Your Name” (News) — Karen Elson, The Black Keys