Premiere: Dntel Mixtape “Analog Meetups”
Machines Making Music
Confession: we’ve all had a bit of musical crush on Jimmy Tamborello (aka Dntel) that started about the time we first heard Life Is Full of Possibilities cut, “(This is) The Dream of Evan and Chan.” Since then, Tamborello has offered up a stream of innovative electro pop and ambient soundcapes. Ahead of his newest album Aimlessness (due out June 5) he’s offered us an exclusive mixtape that he calls Analog Meetups. As described by Tamborello, Analog Meetups has a really cool premise. Check out what he has to say along with the mix below.
“This is a mix of improvisational stuff I've been doing lately using mostly modular analog gear and some effects pedals. I spend a while setting up the gear until the machines are communicating well with each other and generating music on their own. Once I like what's happening I start recording. I spend awhile turning knobs and pushing buttons, then listen back and edit out the parts that didn't sound good. I had my friend Ben Knight play guitar on a couple of these tracks.”
Upcoming live dates:
May 18 - Los Angeles, CA @ Center For The Arts Eagle Rock (Anenon record release party)
June 1 - Los Angeles, CA @ John Anson Ford Amphitheatre (Krautrock tribute concert)
June 13 - Los Angeles, CA @ Low End Theory / The Airliner (w/ Baths)
- I Am Chris Farley (Review) —
- Momentary Masters (Review) — Albert Hammond Jr.
- Something More Than Free (Review) — Jason Isbell
- Premiere: Enchanted Hunters Mixtape (OFF Festival Edition) (News) — Enchanted Hunters, mixtapes, OFF Festival 2015
- See Michael Keaton & Mark Ruffalo in First Trailer for Catholic Church Sex Abuse Film “Spotlight” (News) — Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, John Slattery, Rachel McAdams