The Flaming Lips Announce Vinyl Reissue of “Zaireeka”
Special Record Store Day Release
The Flaming Lips announced via Twitter this morning that they will release a vinyl reissue of their 1997 album Zaireeka on Record Store Day. The album was one of the band's most experimental ventures, as it was originally released as four separate discs, all designed to played simultaneously on different devices to produce a surround sound experience.
The release of the Zaireeka reissue follows last year's unique Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends, which featured collaborative tracks with Bon Iver, Yoko Ono, Kesha, Jim James, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, and many others.
- Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig to Host Beats 1 Radio Show, First Episode to Air Sunday (News) — Vampire Weekend
- Watch: Full Father John Misty CBC Music Session in a Tiny Garage/Leather Shop (News) — Father John Misty
- Watch Fictionalized Daft Punk Spin “Da Funk” For First Time in Clip from “Eden” (News) — Daft Punk
- Listen: Public Image Ltd - “Double Trouble” (News) — Public Image Ltd.
- Watch: Broken Legged Dave Grohl Play Foo Fighters Set in a Light Up Throne (News) — Foo Fighters