The Flaming Lips Announce Vinyl Reissue of “Zaireeka”
Special Record Store Day Release
The Flaming Lips announced via Twitter this morning that they will release a vinyl reissue of their 1997 album Zaireeka on Record Store Day. The album was one of the band's most experimental ventures, as it was originally released as four separate discs, all designed to played simultaneously on different devices to produce a surround sound experience.
The release of the Zaireeka reissue follows last year's unique Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends, which featured collaborative tracks with Bon Iver, Yoko Ono, Kesha, Jim James, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, and many others.
- The Musician Says: Quotes, Quips, and Words of Wisdom (Review) —
- The Cure Announce New U.S. Tour Dates, The Twilight Sad to Support (News) — The Cure, The Twilight Sad
- Paul McCartney Shares Video for New Remix of Michael Jackson Duet “Say Say Say” with Vocals Swapped (News) — Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney
- Tortoise Announce First New Album Since 2009, Share “Gesceap” and Announce Tour (News) — Tortoise
- Joanna Newsom Announces First U.S. Tour in Five Years and Theatrical Screenings of “Divers” Video (News) — Joanna Newsom