The Flaming Lips Announce Vinyl Reissue of “Zaireeka”
Special Record Store Day Release
The Flaming Lips announced via Twitter this morning that they will release a vinyl reissue of their 1997 album Zaireeka on Record Store Day. The album was one of the band's most experimental ventures, as it was originally released as four separate discs, all designed to played simultaneously on different devices to produce a surround sound experience.
The release of the Zaireeka reissue follows last year's unique Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends, which featured collaborative tracks with Bon Iver, Yoko Ono, Kesha, Jim James, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, and many others.
- Check Out Photos of Laura Marling in Oslo, Norway (News) — Laura Marling
- Bill Murray and Sofia Coppola Reteam for Christmas Special with Jenny Lewis, Phoenix, and More (News) — Bill Murray, Jenny Lewis, Phoenix
- Watch: Full “Game of Thrones: The Musical” Featuring Coldplay, Game of Thrones Cast, and Liam Neeson (News) — Coldplay, Game of Thrones, Peter Dinklage
- Listen: The Cure’s Robert Smith Covers The Twilight Sad’s “There’s a Girl in the Corner” (News) — The Cure, The Twilight Sad
- Check Out Photos of San Fermin at The Troubadour in West Hollywood (News) — San Fermin