The Flaming Lips Announce Vinyl Reissue of “Zaireeka”
Special Record Store Day Release
The Flaming Lips announced via Twitter this morning that they will release a vinyl reissue of their 1997 album Zaireeka on Record Store Day. The album was one of the band's most experimental ventures, as it was originally released as four separate discs, all designed to played simultaneously on different devices to produce a surround sound experience.
The release of the Zaireeka reissue follows last year's unique Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends, which featured collaborative tracks with Bon Iver, Yoko Ono, Kesha, Jim James, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, and many others.
- Hear the Universe (Interview) — Beach House
- Check Out Photos From Day Two of FYF Fest (News) — Belle and Sebastian, D’Angelo, FKA twigs, FYF Fest, FYF Fest 2015: Day Two, Laura Marling, Lower Dens, Mac DeMarco, Morrissey, Solange, Toro y Moi, Unknown Mortal Orchestra
- Jean-Michel Jarre Formally Announces Album Featuring M83, Air, Massive Attack, Fuck Buttons, and Mor (News) — Air, Fuck Buttons, M83, Massive Attack, Jean-Michel Jarre, Little Boots, John Carpenter, Moby, Laurie Anderson
- Baroness Announce New Album, “Purple,” Share New Song, “Chlorine & Wine” (News) — Baroness
- Bobcat Goldthwait and Barry Crimmins on “Call Me Lucky” (Interview) — Bobcat Goldthwait