The Flaming Lips Announce Vinyl Reissue of “Zaireeka”
Special Record Store Day Release
The Flaming Lips announced via Twitter this morning that they will release a vinyl reissue of their 1997 album Zaireeka on Record Store Day. The album was one of the band's most experimental ventures, as it was originally released as four separate discs, all designed to played simultaneously on different devices to produce a surround sound experience.
The release of the Zaireeka reissue follows last year's unique Record Store Day release The Flaming Lips & Heady Fwends, which featured collaborative tracks with Bon Iver, Yoko Ono, Kesha, Jim James, Tame Impala, Neon Indian, and many others.
- Andrew Bird Announces New Album, Shares “Capsized,” Performs on “Conan” (News) — Andrew Bird
- Plants and Animals Announce New Album, Share “Stay” (News) — Plants and Animals
- The Monkees Announce New Album with Songs by Ben Gibbard, Rivers Cuomo, Noel Gallagher, and More (News) — Benjamin Gibbard, Carole King, Death Cab for Cutie, Fountains of Wayne, Oasis, Noel Gallagher, Rogue Wave, Harry Nilsson, Neil Diamond, The Monkees
- The End: Richard Hawley on Endings and Death (Interview) — Richard Hawley
- 2015 Artist Survey: Ultimate Painting (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Mazes, Ultimate Painting