Bon Iver, Cat Power, and Coldplay Appear on Zach Braff’s “Wish I Was Here” Soundtrack
Out This July
Zach Braff has just confirmed some of the details of his forthcoming film Wish I was Here (his directorial follow-up to Garden State). The soundtrack alone might give you a flashback to when Scrubs was big, indie was cool, all anyone ever wanted was for Natalie Portman to come along and change your life with a Shins song.
Not only are The Shins on the soundtrack (naturally), but Bon Iver makes an appearance. There’s also a song written by Chan Marshall (Cat Power) and sung by Coldplay’s Chris Martin.
Wish I Was Here opens on July 18 in New York and Los Angeles, with additional openings on July 25. Check out Braff chilling in his kitchen and talking about the film below.
- Ride the Pink Horse (Review) —
- Ibeyi at Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, New York (Review) — Ibeyi
- Premiere: Deech Mixtape (Tallinn Music Week Edition) (News) — Deech, mixtapes, Tallinn Music Week 2015
- Check Out Photos from SXSW 2015 of The War on Drugs, Courtney Barnett, Laura Marling, and More (News) — Courtney Barnett, Laura Marling, The Twilight Sad, The War on Drugs, Twin Peaks, Jess Williamson, Tom Brosseau
- Carrie & Lowell (Review) — Sufjan Stevens