Watch: Amanda Palmer - “The Bed Song” Video
Under the Covers
Amanda Palmer has released a new video for "The Bed Song," the latest single off the female artist's most recent LP Theatre is Evil. Directed by Michael McQuilken and shot at Bard College the clip progresses with the help of some interesting drama school techniques following a couple through various points in their relationship, where sharing a bed means sharing a life together.
In a released statement Palmer says "When I wrote the script for 'The Bed Song' video, I knew it could either turn out looking like a heartbreaking piece of filmed theater or a bad soap opera. I think we achieved the former, but only due to the lucky, lucky alchemy of people and resources that collided to make it happen. The director, the designer, the location, the impossibly talented range of actors ... all of them came together with the kind of unlikely timing that happens once in a lifetime. If I never make another music video, I'll die happy knowing I made this one."
Click below to watch.
- Wye Oak on Overcoming Writer’s Block, Abandoning Guitars, and Subverting the Formula (Interview) — Wye Oak
- SBTRKT Announces New Album, “Wonder Where We Land” (News) — SBTRKT
- M83 to Reissue First Three Albums, Plus New Remixes and B-Sides EPs (News) — M83
- Flying Lotus Announces New Album, “You’re Dead!” (News) — Flying Lotus
- Watch: Zach Galifianakis and Ted Danson Star In The National’s “Mistaken for Strangers: The Play” (News) — The National