Watch The Flaming Lips Cover David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” On “Colbert”
With Special Guest Chewbacca
Last night The Flaming Lips stopped The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to cover the late David Bowie's "Space Oddity." Frontman Wayne Coyne performed part of the song on the shoulders of Chewbacca. The band recently shared a video for their cover of Bowie's first big hit. Before their performance, Coyne shot a funny backstage video where he sang a song that went through some of his musical influences and revealed that he once hit a deer with his car and is actually in the witness protection program. Watch videos of both the Bowie performance and backstage song below.
- The War on Drugs Share 11-Minute New Song – “Thinking of a Place” (News) — The War on Drugs
- Fargo (Season 3, Episode 1: “The Law of Vacant Places” Recap and Review) (Review) — Ewan McGregor
- Shout Out Louds Share Video for New Song, “Oh Oh,” and Announce Tour Dates (News) — Shout Out Louds
- Jonathan Rado Shares “Surgeonman” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Foxygen, Jonathan Rado, Our First 100 Days
- Blondie Share New B-Side – “The Breaks” (News) — Blondie