Watch The Flaming Lips Cover David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” On “Colbert”
With Special Guest Chewbacca
Last night The Flaming Lips stopped The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to cover the late David Bowie's "Space Oddity." Frontman Wayne Coyne performed part of the song on the shoulders of Chewbacca. The band recently shared a video for their cover of Bowie's first big hit. Before their performance, Coyne shot a funny backstage video where he sang a song that went through some of his musical influences and revealed that he once hit a deer with his car and is actually in the witness protection program. Watch videos of both the Bowie performance and backstage song below.
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind the Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey
- Listen: The New Pornographers - “Whiteout Conditions” (News) — The New Pornographers
- SXSW 2017: Washing Ashore in a Sea of Songs (Review) — SXSW
- London Grammar Announce New Album, Share Title Track “Truth Is a Beautiful Thing” (News) — London Grammar