Watch The Flaming Lips Cover David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” On “Colbert”
With Special Guest Chewbacca
Last night The Flaming Lips stopped The Late Show with Stephen Colbert to cover the late David Bowie's "Space Oddity." Frontman Wayne Coyne performed part of the song on the shoulders of Chewbacca. The band recently shared a video for their cover of Bowie's first big hit. Before their performance, Coyne shot a funny backstage video where he sang a song that went through some of his musical influences and revealed that he once hit a deer with his car and is actually in the witness protection program. Watch videos of both the Bowie performance and backstage song below.
- Premiere: Surfer Blood – “Frozen” (News) — Surfer Blood
- Fiona Apple and Michael Whalen Share New Anti-Trump Song - “Tiny Hands” (News) — Fiona Apple, Michael Whalen
- The New Pornographers Announce Tour Dates and Will Be Releasing a New Album This Year (News) — The New Pornographers, Waxahatchee
- Listen: Dutch Uncles - “Oh Yeah” (News) — Dutch Uncles
- Under the Radar’s 15th Anniversary: Andrew W.K.‘s “I Get Wet” (News) — Andrew W.K.