Stage Collapses at Pukkelpop, Smith Westerns Uninjured
Kills at Least One, Injures Others
A few hours ago a stage collapsed at the Pukkelpop Festival in Belgium, killing at least one and injuring several others.
The collapse happened just before Smith Westerns took the stage, leading the band to tweet "Stage collapsed max almost got crushed by the tress. I hope pukkelpop has insurance bc all our shit is broke,” before adding, “Apologize to anyone who mistook tweet. Wrote direclty after running off stage. Just found out the extent of damage. All of prays go out to those hurt.”
Fleet Foxes—who were set to play the fest—tweeted the following, “We are all safe at Pukkelpop. Crazy storm. This is awful. Hearts go out to all.”
A video taken by an attendee shows the major storm conditions that lead up to the collapse.
This is the third stage collapse this summer. Last week, a stage in Indiana killed four. Our thoughts go out to those affected by these terrible tragedies.
Are you at the festival or have friends there? Check the twitter tag #ppok for updates.
- The End: Richard Hawley on Endings and Death (Interview) — Richard Hawley
- 2015 Artist Survey: Ultimate Painting (Interview) — Artist Surveys 2015, Mazes, Ultimate Painting
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist With Twin Peaks, Yuck, Porches, Mt. Si, The Zolas & Murals (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Andrew Bird Announces New Album, Shares “Capsized,” Performs on “Conan” (News) — Andrew Bird
- Premiere: Draemhouse – “Only Friends” EP (News) — Draemhouse