Watch: The Flaming Lips - “How??” Video
Oczy Mlody Due Out January 13, 2017 via Warner Bros.
The Flaming Lips are releasing a new album, Oczy Mlody, on January 13, 2017 via Warner Bros. Previously we were treated to a video for the album's first single, "The Castle." Now the band has shared a video for another song from the album, "How??" It's a question many Americans are asking themselves this week in the wake of Donald Trump's election victory. The typically strange video features women in colorful latex body suits shooting fireworks at each other while Wayne Coyne sings from inside a plastic bubble. Watch below.
The Flaming Lips' last proper album, not including 2014's Beatles tribute With a Little Help from My Fwends, was 2013's dark and oppressive The Terror. Let's see what Wayne Coyne and co. have come up with this time.
- Nine Albums Out Today Worth Hearing: Gorillaz, Feist, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, and More (News) — BNQT, Feist, Gorillaz, Juliana Hatfield, Little Cub, Mew, Sufjan Stevens, Sylvan Esso, Thurston Moore
- Speedy Ortiz Covers TV on the Radio’s “Young Liars” for Planned Parenthood Covers Album (News) — Speedy Ortiz, TV on the Radio
- Waxahatchee Shares “Silver (Demo)” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Our First 100 Days, Waxahatchee
- Sufjan Stevens Announces Mixtape Featuring “Carrie & Lowell” Outtakes, Remixes, and Demos (News) — Sufjan Stevens
- Tribeca 2017: Brian Shoaf and Zachary Quinto on “Aardvark” (Interview) — Zachary Quinto, Brian Shoaf