Watch: The xx Play the Guggenheim
Plus: An Update on Their Next Album
The xx recently played the Guggenheim. Sure, you might not have been one of the famous few to attend (the event was a Dior-sponsored pre-party for the museum’s International Gala), but thanks to the powers of the internet and a few fans in attendance, you can watch the band play “Islands,” “Crystalised,” and “Angels.”
And there’s also a new album on the way. Says the band via their official newsletter:
It’s been a while, we hope everything is wonderful with you.
This year has been a creative one for us so far, we have been hard at work writing and recording new music in a few different places around the world.
In the spring we spent a few weeks in the incredible and unique town of Marfa in Texas. Then, in Summer we spent some time just outside of Reykavik in Iceland. This Autumn we have been back in London, writing and having some time at home but this week we are heading out to Los Angeles to continue the writing and recording process.
Although all very different, each of these places have been inspirational environments to create music in, and each will have an influence on the new album. The whole process is a big adventure and we can’t wait for a time when we’ll be able to share the music with you.
Lots of love until then.
xx The xx
- Premiere: The New Pornographers “High Ticket Attractions” Behind-the-Scenes Video (News) — The New Pornographers
- Listen: BNQT (Midlake, Band of Horses, Granddaddy, Franz Ferdinand, Travis) - “Unlikely Force” (News) — Band of Horses, BNQT, Franz Ferdinand, Grandaddy, Jason Lytle, Midlake, Travis
- Listen: Arca - “Saunter” (News) — Arca
- Marissa Nadler Shares New Song, “Rosemary,” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Marissa Nadler, Our First 100 Days
- Elbow - Guy Garvey on “Little Fictions” (Interview) — Elbow, Guy Garvey