Other Music Recording Co.
Aug 14, 2012 Web Exclusive
Nude Beach has been kicking around Brooklyn for four years now, with a couple DIY albums to its name, but this re-release of its stellar II might raise its profile. The band has been compared in the press to Tom Petty and The Replacements, and these comparisons are apt to a degree. However, II sounds more like an obscure power pop classic from the '70s, something like a crunchier Rubinoos for the DIY set. The guitars are revved up, the melodies jaunty and sing-a-long, and the tunes catchy enough to stick in your head for days.
Author rating: 7/10
- Do Not Sell at Any Price: The Wild, Obsessive Hunt for the World’s Rarest 78 rpm Records (Review) —
- Watch: HAIM - “My Song 5” Video (News) — HAIM
- tUnE-yArDs - Merrill Garbus on Puppetry, Her Sheltered Suburban Childhood, and Visiting Haiti (Interview) — tUnE-yArDs
- Watch: Real Estate Cover The Cranberries’ “Linger” (News) — Real Estate
- Toro Y Moi’s Dance Project Les Sins Announces Debut LP, “Michael” (News) — Toro Y Moi