ABC, THURSDAYS 8/7 CENTRAL
Feb 14, 2013
Issue #44 - Best of 2012 - Grimes
Zero Hour starts innocently with Hank Galliston (ER's Anthony Edwards) and his wife, Laila (The Real World London's Jacinda Barrett) strolling through a flea market. Clock shop owner Laila picks up a striking timepiece after Hank returns to running his paranormal enthusiast magazine. While his reporters, hipster Aaron (Greek's Scott Michael Foster) and eager Rachel (Californication's Addison Timlin) dig for stories, Laila is becoming a story. Hunted down in her shop, she is abducted by a chilling fellow, White Vincent (Mission: Impossible-Ghost Patrol's Michael Nyqvist), whom the FBI has under watch.
Led by the Thandie Newton-looking Becca (Sparkle's Carmen Ejogo), the FBI doesn't trust Hank any more than he trusts them. Working against each other, Hank and his reporters are conducting their own investigation while the FBI tries to figure out what they're doing. Their findings lead them to a frozen wasteland narrated by the original clock maker, where the antique's extensive back-story is revealed.
Zero Hour feels like The Omen—the original one with its web of interconnected, forbidden mystery. Edwards leads Zero Hour's intriguing story with a strong and balanced performance. His forced relationship with Becca brings a stimulating tension to their search while his supportive relationship with his reporters brings a family element into the narrative. With its multiple, historically embedded layers, Zero Hour is an engaging watch. (www.abc.go.com/shows/zero-hour)
Author rating: 7/10
Average reader rating: 2/10
- Watch Lana Del Rey Perform on the Moon in Her Video for “Love” (News) — Lana Del Rey
- Stream the New Album by Xiu Xiu - “FORGET” (News) — Xiu Xiu
- Speedy Ortiz Share New Song “In My Way” for “Our First 100 Days” Anti-Donald Trump Project (News) — Speedy Ortiz
- Listen: Passion Pit Shares Two More New Songs - “Moonbeam” and “Hey K” (News) — Passion Pit
- 2016 Artist Survey: Tim Burgess of The Charlatans (Interview) — The Charlatans, Artist Surveys 2016, Tim Burgess, Tim Burgess and Peter Gordon