May 02, 2012 Web Exclusive
Wolfgang Voigt and Jörg Burger, the electronic duo known as Mohn, are at their best when at their least conventional. "Schwarzer Schwan" manages to be simultaneously entrancing and unsettling, with drum beats booming at the pace of incoming thunder while voices drift in and out like unboxed specters, and "Einrauschen" finds a dark crossroads between Throbbing Gristle and Kraftwerk.
Tracks such as the plodding "Ambientot" may serve as light contrast, but after a minute or two you may find yourself itching for them to once again close the blinds.
Author rating: 6/10
Average reader rating: 9/10
- See Michael Keaton & Mark Ruffalo in First Trailer for Catholic Church Sex Abuse Film “Spotlight” (News) — Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo, John Slattery, Rachel McAdams
- Stream HEALTH’s Full New Album, “Death Magic” (News) — HEALTH
- Stream Chelsea Wolfe’s Full New Album, “Abyss” (News) — Chelsea Wolfe
- Listen: Wavves – “Flamezesz” (News) — Wavves
- Wet Hot American Summer: Joe Lo Truglio (Interview) — Joe Lo Truglio, Wet Hot American Summer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp