IFC, Thursdays 10 P.M.
May 08, 2014
Building off of a delightfully successful first run, season two of Maron sees self-deprecating comedian Marc Maron placed in more situations where his paranoia gets the best of him. Due to his idiosyncrasies and character flaws, he's put himself in an uncomfortable position with peers like guest stars Chris Hardwick and Michael Ian Black, who play up fictional feuds with the beleaguered character. As a humorist, Maron is something of a Larry David-lite, shown to his best advantage when he's navigating through uncomfortable situations.
Maron is at its greatest when the comedian plays into the abrasiveness that lands him in trouble with others. The show is very much a DIY operation, and much like the comedian himself: rough around the edges, but redeeming enough that you don't feel guilty for having a few laughs at his bumbling expense. (www.ifc.com/shows/maron)
Author rating: 8/10
Average reader rating: 8/10
- Check Out Photos of Perfume Genius, Iceage and More at Le Guess Who (News) — Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Brandt Brauer Frick, Iceage, Dean Blunt, Le Guess Who? 2014, Le Guess Who? 2014: Day Two, Perfume Genius
- Watch: The Decembrists Preview Music Video for “Make You Better,” Starring Nick Offerman (News) — The Decemberists
- Listen: Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist Featuring Perfume Genius, Flying Lotus, and Colleen Green (News) — Under the Radar’s Weekly Playlist
- Watch: Sky Ferreira Cover Hole’s “Asking For It” With DIIV’s Zachary Cole (News) — Sky Ferreira
- It Happened One Night Blu-ray (Review) —