IFC, Thursdays 10 P.M.
May 08, 2014
Building off of a delightfully successful first run, season two of Maron sees self-deprecating comedian Marc Maron placed in more situations where his paranoia gets the best of him. Due to his idiosyncrasies and character flaws, he's put himself in an uncomfortable position with peers like guest stars Chris Hardwick and Michael Ian Black, who play up fictional feuds with the beleaguered character. As a humorist, Maron is something of a Larry David-lite, shown to his best advantage when he's navigating through uncomfortable situations.
Maron is at its greatest when the comedian plays into the abrasiveness that lands him in trouble with others. The show is very much a DIY operation, and much like the comedian himself: rough around the edges, but redeeming enough that you don't feel guilty for having a few laughs at his bumbling expense. (www.ifc.com/shows/maron)
Author rating: 8/10
Average reader rating: 8/10
- Tame Impala Release Second Video for “’Cause I’m a Man,” Featuring Puppets (News) — Tame Impala
- Watch: The Mynabirds - “Semantics” Lyric Video Created with Chinese App MyIdol (News) — The Mynabirds
- Watch: Owen Pallett - “The Passions” Video (News) — Owen Pallett
- Watch: Wolf Alice - “Bros” Video (News) — Wolf Alice
- Listen: FFS (Franz Ferdinand + Sparks) - “Call Girl” (News) — FFS, Franz Ferdinand, Sparks