IFC, Thursdays 10 P.M.
May 08, 2014
Building off of a delightfully successful first run, season two of Maron sees self-deprecating comedian Marc Maron placed in more situations where his paranoia gets the best of him. Due to his idiosyncrasies and character flaws, he's put himself in an uncomfortable position with peers like guest stars Chris Hardwick and Michael Ian Black, who play up fictional feuds with the beleaguered character. As a humorist, Maron is something of a Larry David-lite, shown to his best advantage when he's navigating through uncomfortable situations.
Maron is at its greatest when the comedian plays into the abrasiveness that lands him in trouble with others. The show is very much a DIY operation, and much like the comedian himself: rough around the edges, but redeeming enough that you don't feel guilty for having a few laughs at his bumbling expense. (www.ifc.com/shows/maron)
Author rating: 8/10
Average reader rating: 8/10
- Premiere: Yeasayer - “Cold Night (Dirge Version)” (News) — Yeasayer
- Listen: Kevin Morby Shares New Song in Honor of Orlando Shooting Victims - “Beautiful Strangers” (News) — Kevin Morby, Townes Van Zandt
- Listen: She & Him (M. Ward + Zooey Deschanel) - “Happy Holiday” (Bing Crosby Cover) (News) — She & Him, Bing Crosby
- Watch: Wilco Shares New Claymation Video for “Someone to Lose” (News) — Wilco
- Watch Conor Oberst Perform “Till St. Dymphna Kicks Us Out” and “Gossamer Thin” on “Kimmel” (News) — Conor Oberst